Improvement and change can be difficult to incorporate into the daily operations of hospitals and physician practices. Factors such as decreases in reimbursement (due to Medicare and Medicaid funding cuts), increases in the uninsured population, declines in margins, and pressures from managed care organizations demand process improvements in the revenue cycle.
We can help achieve improved operational results by maximizing revenue and improving cash flow for your organization.
- Accounts receivable assessment and action plan
- Behavioral health coding and billing consulting
- Case mix analysis
- Coding reviews: MS-DRG, hospital outpatient, and
- Chargemaster reviews with education and training
- Chargemaster re-modeling and pricing
- Charge capture/clinical documentation
- HIM staffing and interim coding assistance
- Home health and hospice coding and billing consulting
- Implementation assistance
- Operational practice assessments
- Patient access optimization, centralized scheduling
- Practice management services
- Provider enrollment and credentialing
- Provider-based consulting
- Rural health clinic/FQHC consulting
- Specialty coding and billing education: cath lab, IR,
radiation therapy, etc.
- Supply/pharmacy revenue cycle management
- Therapy operations and referral development
- 501(R) compliance
Blue & Co. reviewed publicly available information on a 120 bed, non-profit, acute-care hospital. The data suggested there was revenue improvement opportunity in their outpatient physical and occupational therapy departments. The department had approximately 27,000 patient visits the previous year. During an assessment, we co-validated a significant set of revenue improvement opportunities: charge capture improvement, […]
On April 30, 2020, CMS issued a second round of sweeping changes to support the healthcare system during the COVID-19 Pandemic. One of these changes is the waiving of limitations on the types of clinical practitioners that can furnish Medicare telehealth services. Prior to this change, only doctors, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and certain others […]
On Friday, April 17, 2020, CMS finally released guidance for RHCs and FQHCs in terms of telehealth distant site services. Below is a snapshot of the information released in the MLN Matters Article. A link to the full release can be found here. The guidance from CMS will apply to claims dating back to January […]
Connect with our team.
To learn more about our services and areas of expertise, send us a message.