Improvement and change can be difficult to incorporate into the daily operations of hospitals and physician practices. Factors such as decreases in reimbursement (due to Medicare and Medicaid funding cuts), increases in the uninsured population, declines in margins, and pressures from managed care organizations demand process improvements in the revenue cycle.
We can help achieve improved operational results by maximizing revenue and improving cash flow for your organization.
- Accounts receivable assessment and action plan
- Behavioral health coding and billing consulting
- Case mix analysis
- Coding reviews: MS-DRG, hospital outpatient, and
- Chargemaster reviews with education and training
- Chargemaster re-modeling and pricing
- Charge capture/clinical documentation
- HIM staffing and interim coding assistance
- Home health and hospice coding and billing consulting
- Implementation assistance
- Operational practice assessments
- Patient access optimization, centralized scheduling
- Practice management services
- Provider enrollment and credentialing
- Provider-based consulting
- Rural health clinic/FQHC consulting
- Specialty coding and billing education: cath lab, IR,
radiation therapy, etc.
- Supply/pharmacy revenue cycle management
- Telehealth consulting services
- Therapy operations and referral development
- 501(R) compliance
In the past several years, hospitals have continued to feel the impact on revenue from Clinical Validation Denials (CVD). The need for a robust CDI team to capture support for clinical indicators while the patient is still in house is more imperative than ever. The other overwhelming piece for revenue cycle teams to manage is […]
New rules for reporting evaluation and management (E/M) services in most places of service took effect January 1, 2023. The coding and documentation revisions, adopted by the American Medical Association’s CPT Editorial Panel and approved by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), substantially simplify code selection and documentation. Effective January 1st, E/M services […]
For years, Blue & Co. has received questions from hospitals regarding coding and billing for infusions, as well as documentation requirements. Infusion coding can be some of the most difficult coding for hospitals. It takes a certain understanding of 1) the required hierarchy, 2) what happens if a stop time is not recorded, 3) how […]
Connect with our team.
To learn more about our services and areas of expertise, send us a message.