Improvement and change can be difficult to incorporate into the daily operations of hospitals and physician practices. Factors such as decreases in reimbursement (due to Medicare and Medicaid funding cuts), increases in the uninsured population, declines in margins, and pressures from managed care organizations demand process improvements in the revenue cycle.
We can help achieve improved operational results by maximizing revenue and improving cash flow for your organization.
- Accounts receivable assessment and action plan
- Behavioral health coding and billing consulting
- Case mix analysis
- Coding reviews: MS-DRG, hospital outpatient, and
- Chargemaster reviews with education and training
- Chargemaster re-modeling and pricing
- Charge capture/clinical documentation
- HIM staffing and interim coding assistance
- Home health and hospice coding and billing consulting
- Implementation assistance
- Operational practice assessments
- Patient access optimization, centralized scheduling
- Practice management services
- Provider enrollment and credentialing
- Provider-based consulting
- Rural health clinic/FQHC consulting
- Specialty coding and billing education: cath lab, IR,
radiation therapy, etc.
- Supply/pharmacy revenue cycle management
- Therapy operations and referral development
- 501(R) compliance
COVID-19 is creating a dip in outpatient therapy appointments … and revenues. However, due to recent regulatory waivers announced by CMS, hospitals have a unique opportunity to provide therapy services within the patient’s home. The following two options should be considered: Option 1: E-Visits The CMS has recently clarified that e-visit services are reimbursable by […]
Outsourcing is a common practice in all areas of business, including the healthcare sector. Although this is a major expense for a hospital, it can have an effect on the wage index factor impacting Medicare reimbursement. The wage index factor is determined through a hospital’s wage index average hourly wage which includes both employees on […]
On April 23, 2019, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) released the Proposed Rule for the Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) for Acute Care Hospitals. The proposed rule includes several significant changes to the wage index calculation impacting the wage index factors and rural floor calculation. It is important to understand and […]
Connect with our team.
To learn more about our services and areas of expertise, send us a message.