Empowered by technology, healthcare consumers have more leverage, higher expectations, and a greater likelihood to change how healthcare services are provided than ever before. Organizations have been trying to understand their customers’ behaviors for a long time. This type of insight helps every facet of a business from service development, to customer support to their own internal corporate culture. In fact, it is a key differentiator in a crowded marketplace. A sound patient experience strategy is a keystone in developing the desired organizational culture and addressing many of the challenges facing today’s healthcare consumers and providers.
Blue & Co. provides value to healthcare providers by unifying senior leadership around a well-defined patient and employee experience vision. We seek to understand your culture and how it helps deliver your intended brand promise by assisting leaders to empathically engage the workforce, patients and the community in a way that furthers pride and loyalty to your organization. We focus on the needs, desires and barriers of internal and external customers and apply innovative approaches to patient experience strategy and improvement efforts to increase customer stickiness, catalyze culture, and improve the bottom line.
Blue & Co. provides solutions to best amplify senior leadership’s current patient experience efforts while considering resource constraints. We center our efforts around the pateint and use a proven competency model, our industry experience and other tools to co-create a roadmap for success.
Meet the Team
Crystal Bingham, Manager
Crystal has more than 20 years of experience in healthcare. For the past 17 years she has worked in various roles for an integrated health system located in the Midwest. Roles included resource nurse, clinical research manager, marketing and business development, performance improvement with Lean Six Sigma and human-centered design methodology, and Director of Patient Experience. For the last 7 years, Crystal has consulted internally with both large and small hospitals, physician practices, urgent care, surgery centers, and retail providers on performance improvement, customer experience strategies and human-centered design.
Who We Serve
- Physician Practices
- Emergency Departments
- Urgent Care Clinics
- Home Health Providers
- Long-Term and Post-Acute Facilities
- Patient Experience Strategy Assessment
- Patient Experience Vision Development
- Business Credo Development
- Patient Experience Competency Maturity Roadmap
- Patient Experience Governance
- Patient & Family Advisors & Design Partner Development
- Customer Experience Training and Development
- Consumer Access & Pricing Review
Experience Improvement & Design
- Patient Experience Improvement & Design Methodology
- Managing Customer Experience through Crises (i.e., COVID)
- Loyalty and CAHPS Improvement
- Patient Leakage
- Patient Access, Business Office, ED throughput, etc.
- Co-Design/Improvement Workshops with Employees and Patients
- Customer and Employee Journey Mapping
Experience Insight Optimization
- Patient Experience Insight Assessment
- Patient Experience Measurement Framework Development
- Patient Survey Platform Review and Optimization
- Patient Survey Question Design and Implementation
- Customer Complaint & Grievance Design and Implementation
- Service Recovery Design and Implementation
- Customer and Consumer Research
- Customer Personas
A recent Blue & Co. audit of a small hospital’s existing Managed Care contracts yielded an unfortunate surprise: a nearly twenty-year-old contract with a major insurance company with rates that had not been updated since the original effective date. Not so surprisingly, these rates were woefully inadequate – reflecting a commercial rate that was only […]
By: Rick Shields, CPA, CFE, Principal Few people outside the nonprofit accounting world have an appreciation for its complexities, and how they apply regardless of the amount. A person may say, “The organization has total revenues of $3 million, how difficult could it be?” Those who work in the field on a daily basis are […]
By Mike Stevenson, CPA, Director Emeritus at Blue & Co. Many of our manufacturing clients are having difficulties ensuring consistency in cash flow when their manufacturing base is overseas. The factories overseas are able to produce product, but there seems to be a bottleneck once it’s shipped from the overseas port to the domestic warehouse. […]
Connect with Our Team
To learn more about our services and areas of expertise, contact our team here.