We are raising the bar.
Blue & Co.’s Beverage service team is well-versed in issues that affect both established operations and companies facing the complexity of taking their first steps. We tailor our services to your individual needs, whether it’s simply helping you select your accounting software or putting together a full financial forecast. Mixing our technical expertise with a passion for the industry, we bring a lot to the table.
- Income tax compliance, planning, and consulting
- Assurance and financial reporting services, including audit, review and compilation of financial statements
- Regulatory and internal reporting, including TTB and NABCA reporting
- Business valuation services
- Mergers and acquisitions consulting and planning, including buy/sell side due diligence, purchase accounting, and transaction structuring
- Consulting and compliance related to selection and implementation of state and local economic incentives
- Sales and use tax preparation, consulting, and planning
- Tangible property tax preparation, consulting, and planning
- Cost segregation studies
- Planning, implementation, execution, and winding down of new market tax credits
- Outsourced financial management and accounting services, including CFO, general accounting and bookkeeping, inventory counting, cost accounting, and cash flow analysis
- Information technology services, including accounting, ERP and POS software selection, implementation and support, as well as outsourced CIO services
- Consulting related to international operations, including foreign income tax compliance, implementation of IC-DISC, and import/export transactions
- Consulting for start-up companies, including review of entity organizational documents, entity selection and structuring, and the review of initial and future equity financing structures
By Mike Stevenson, CPA, Director Emeritus at Blue & Co. Many of our manufacturing clients are having difficulties ensuring consistency in cash flow when their manufacturing base is overseas. The factories overseas are able to produce product, but there seems to be a bottleneck once it’s shipped from the overseas port to the domestic warehouse. […]
By Thomas Skoog, CISA, CISSP, Principal at Blue & Co. The manufacturing industry has seen a larger increase in the number of cyber attacks and data breaches than any other industry in the last 18 months. According to an IBM’s X-Force Threat Intelligence Index study, the manufacturing industry accounted for 25% of all cyber-attacks, outpacing […]
By Stephen Stringer, CPA, Director and Amy Sandlin, CPA, Senior Manager Shortly after the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 grabbed the headlines out of Washington, the IRS announced a broad-based penalty relief program for individuals, businesses, trusts, and exempt organizations who are late filing certain 2019 and 2020 tax returns. This relief is to help […]
Derek Gray, CPA, Director
Derek Gray has more than 20 years of public accounting experience as a tax consultant. He provides consulting and compliance services to corporations, pass-through entities, and individuals, with an emphasis on partnership taxation and mergers and acquisitions. Derek has significant experience serving companies in a range of industries, including distilleries, manufacturing, real estate, biotech, and insurance. Derek serves as the firm-wide Director of Taxation and as the co-chair of our Beverage Services Group, in addition to serving on the firm’s Tax Committee, Tax Quality Control Committee, and Tax Training Committee.
Patrick Brown, CPA, Principal
Patrick Brown has over 18 years of experience in public accounting, where he has worked with companies in a variety of industries. Patrick is Blue & Co.’s manufacturing and distribution practice leader and co-leader of Blue & Co.’s beverage practice. Patrick’s clients have included public and private companies ranging in size from $25 million to over $2 billion in revenues. Patrick has been instrumental working with clients to achieve project objectives including data automation, data migration, mergers and acquisitions, inventory system implementation, purchase accounting, adoption of new accounting standards, financial report matters, inventory optimization, restructuring and improving internal controls. Patrick’s responsibilities include planning and managing engagements, client consulting, assignment and supervision of staff, and preparation of financial statements and consulting reports. Patrick graduated from the University of Kentucky, receiving a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and a Bachelor of Business Administration in Decision Science and Information Systems. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Kentucky Society of Certified Public Accountants, and the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Connect with our team.
To learn more about our services and areas of expertise, send us a message.