We are reaching new heights.
Higher education is facing many unique challenges, such as additional regulation, unfunded compliance costs, and market competition. We believe that your focus should be on serving your students and carrying out your mission, and we’re here to support you in doing so.
Our specialized team actively monitors both the Financial Accounting Standards Board and the Government Accounting Standards Board and is in constant communication when changes arise. Our audit services go beyond simply complying with a requirement. We treat each engagement as a chance to explore innovative opportunities for your institution to continue to achieve success.
Whether you’re looking to comply with new regulations, trying to get a handle on risk management, or need help with IT security and assessments, we will help your institution reach new heights.
- Implementation of new audit and accounting standards
- Improved tracking of restricted resources
- Bond issue analysis
- Consulting on budget preparations
- Cost allocation between funds and programs
- Identification of best practices resulting from form 990
- Financing alternatives
- Corporate sponsorship and royalty transactions
- Structuring of transactions between related entities
- Accounting and financial reporting systems design and interpretation
- Internal control process review
- Arbitrage rebate calculation
- Unrelated business income planning
- Exempt status consulting
- Information return preparation
Forms 990, 990-T, and 5500
By: Tom Skoog, Cybersecurity & Data Management Practice Leader “Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.” Sir Winston Churchill This is our fifth and final article in our five-part series on the importance of incident response planning as part of your cybersecurity program. As a reminder, the concept of Incident […]
By: Sara Jacobi, CPA CEPA Director Still waiting for your 2021 Federal tax refund? Tried calling the IRS, only to wait on hold for two hours without talking to anyone? Sent correspondence to the IRS to resolve a notice, only to continue to receive collection notices? If one or more of these items apply to […]
Connect with our team.
To learn more about our services and areas of expertise, send us a message.