“Doug and Ann Marie have been very quick to respond and always provide whatever is needed quickly. Being new to this industry, it is great to have someone easy and quick to contact when needed.”
We are your biggest advocates.
Your organization is here for a reason. You have a mission to accomplish and you’re going to drive hard every day to meet that challenge. Blue & Co. understands the day-to-day management issues and ever-present operational concerns — such as internal controls, segregation of duties, management effectiveness, and board development — and we offer practical solutions that add value.
It is our mission to support your mission. We want to stand with you, not only as your business partner, but as an invaluable resource to promote your services in the community. We believe in our not-for-profit clients and are dedicated to helping you carry out your vision. Let us be a partner to you as you drive your organization to succeed.
Who we serve.
We serve not-for-profit organizations in a variety of industries. Some firm specialties include:
- Healthcare Organizations
- Fraternal Organizations
- Higher Education Entities
- Community Foundations
- Social Service Groups
- Trade Organizations
- Private and Corporate Foundations
- Audits and reviews of financial statements
- Monthly, quarterly, or annual compilations of financial statements
- Agreed-upon procedures to address specific financial objectives
- Form 990 and related state informational returns
- State property tax exemptions and minimization
- Public support projections and forecasts
- Unrelated business income tax strategies
- Graphical trend analysis and peer comparisons
- Information concerning best practices in our client base
- Recommendations on internal controls and suggestions for improvements
- Additional benefits and offerings
- Email newsletter for timely and relevant updates about emerging issues in your industry
- Bookkeeping and reconciliation services
- Development of profit plans and budgets to address sustainability issues
- Consulting on new accounting standards and their impact on your organization
- Employee benefit plan development and administration
- Cyber risk assessments and internal control consulting
- Tim Johnson
Alpha Chi Omega Fraternity Inc.
Back in 2016, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) released Accounting Standards Update (ASU) 2016-02- Leases (Topic 842). While most not-for-profit organizations (NFPs) have some time before required adoption (calendar year 2020 for most non-public entities), it is not too early to begin considering the effects that the implementation of this standard will have on […]
The length of the current economic expansion, coupled with recent volatility in the economy and the financial markets serve as a reminder that organizations need to keep a long-term view as they strive to continue fulfilling their missions. Charitable Giving Trends and Your Donor Base The impact of the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act […]
Not-for-profit board members are responsible for providing guidance and direction to ensure that a given organization is proactively working towards achieving its mission and strategic vision. Part of this responsibility includes securing and managing financial resources to allow the organization every opportunity and capital resource needed in order to move in the right direction of […]