“Doug and Ann Marie have been very quick to respond and always provide whatever is needed quickly. Being new to this industry, it is great to have someone easy and quick to contact when needed.”
We are your biggest advocates.
Your organization is here for a reason. You have a mission to accomplish and you’re going to drive hard every day to meet that challenge. Blue & Co. understands the day-to-day management issues and ever-present operational concerns — such as internal controls, segregation of duties, management effectiveness, and board development — and we offer practical solutions that add value.
It is our mission to support your mission. We want to stand with you, not only as your business partner, but as an invaluable resource to promote your services in the community. We believe in our not-for-profit clients and are dedicated to helping you carry out your vision. Let us be a partner to you as you drive your organization to succeed.
Who we serve.
We serve not-for-profit organizations in a variety of industries. Some firm specialties include:
- Healthcare Organizations
- Fraternal Organizations
- Higher Education Entities
- Community Foundations
- Social Service Groups
- Trade Organizations
- Private and Corporate Foundations
- Audits and reviews of financial statements
- Monthly, quarterly, or annual compilations of financial statements
- Agreed-upon procedures to address specific financial objectives
- Form 990 and related state informational returns
- State property tax exemptions and minimization
- Public support projections and forecasts
- Unrelated business income tax strategies
- Graphical trend analysis and peer comparisons
- Information concerning best practices in our client base
- Recommendations on internal controls and suggestions for improvements
- Additional benefits and offerings
- Email newsletter for timely and relevant updates about emerging issues in your industry
- Bookkeeping and reconciliation services
- Payroll processing solutions
- Development of profit plans and budgets to address sustainability issues
- Consulting on new accounting standards and their impact on your organization
- Employee benefit plan development and administration
- Cyber risk assessments and internal control consulting
- Tim Johnson
Alpha Chi Omega Fraternity Inc.
This two-part series will provide information about in-kind gifts, including the definition and recognition of such gifts and in the second article, the documentation best practices and impact on tax reporting. Gifts to not-for-profit (NFP) organizations come in many forms. Contributions of non-monetary assets or services are often referred to as “in-kind” gifts and can […]
During 2018, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) issued Accounting Standards Update (ASU) No. 2018-08 Clarifying the Scope and the Accounting Guidance for Contributions Received and Contributions Made to clarify and improve the scope and accounting guidance for contributions received and contributions made. These amendments provide a more robust framework for determining whether a transaction […]
Determining when to include rental income in your unrelated business income (UBI) tax calculation can be challenging; however, it is a commonly conducted non-profit organization activity. We created a beginner’s guide checklist to help you get started. There are two common types of rental income we see among our non-profit clients: Real Property: • […]