“Doug and Ann Marie have been very quick to respond and always provide whatever is needed quickly. Being new to this industry, it is great to have someone easy and quick to contact when needed.”
We are your biggest advocates.
Your organization is here for a reason. You have a mission to accomplish and you’re going to drive hard every day to meet that challenge. Blue & Co. understands the day-to-day management issues and ever-present operational concerns — such as internal controls, segregation of duties, management effectiveness, and board development — and we offer practical solutions that add value.
It is our mission to support your mission. We want to stand with you, not only as your business partner, but as an invaluable resource to promote your services in the community. We believe in our not-for-profit clients and are dedicated to helping you carry out your vision. Let us be a partner to you as you drive your organization to succeed.
Who we serve.
We serve not-for-profit organizations in a variety of industries. Some firm specialties include:
- Healthcare Organizations
- Fraternal Organizations
- Higher Education Entities
- Community Foundations
- Social Service Groups
- Trade Organizations
- Private and Corporate Foundations
- Audits and reviews of financial statements
- Monthly, quarterly, or annual compilations of financial statements
- Agreed-upon procedures to address specific financial objectives
- Form 990 and related state informational returns
- State property tax exemptions and minimization
- Public support projections and forecasts
- Unrelated business income tax strategies
- Graphical trend analysis and peer comparisons
- Information concerning best practices in our client base
- Recommendations on internal controls and suggestions for improvements
- Additional benefits and offerings
- Email newsletter for timely and relevant updates about emerging issues in your industry
- Bookkeeping and reconciliation services
- Development of profit plans and budgets to address sustainability issues
- Consulting on new accounting standards and their impact on your organization
- Employee benefit plan development and administration
- Cyber risk assessments and internal control consulting
- Tim Johnson
Alpha Chi Omega Fraternity Inc.
On July 1, 2019, the Taxpayer First Act of 2019 (the “Act”) was signed into law. The law is generally intended to improve customer relations with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). However, there are a few provisions that directly affect exempt organizations. First, the Act mandates electronic filing for all exempt organizations required to file […]
Electronic announcements May 3, 2019 and May 24, 2019 Colleges and universities who participate in the Federal Perkins Program are no longer able to award or disburse new Perkins Loans. The Department of Education (“Department”) continues to release new announcements and thus, changes and updates to the program that participating colleges and universities should consider […]
The recent Accounting Standards Update (No. 2016-14) issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board on the Presentation of Financial Statements of Not-For-Profit Entities has increased awareness of liquidity in not-for-profit financial statements. New disclosures required by this standard assist financial statement readers in determining how liquid your organization is, or simply how much cash the […]