“Doug and Ann Marie have been very quick to respond and always provide whatever is needed quickly. Being new to this industry, it is great to have someone easy and quick to contact when needed.”
We are your biggest advocates.
Your organization is here for a reason. You have a mission to accomplish and you’re going to drive hard every day to meet that challenge. Blue & Co. understands the day-to-day management issues and ever-present operational concerns — such as internal controls, segregation of duties, management effectiveness, and board development — and we offer practical solutions that add value.
It is our mission to support your mission. We want to stand with you, not only as your business partner, but as an invaluable resource to promote your services in the community. We believe in our not-for-profit clients and are dedicated to helping you carry out your vision. Let us be a partner to you as you drive your organization to succeed.
Who we serve.
We serve not-for-profit organizations in a variety of industries. Some firm specialties include:
- Healthcare Organizations
- Fraternal Organizations
- Higher Education Entities
- Community Foundations
- Social Service Groups
- Trade Organizations
- Private and Corporate Foundations
- Audits and reviews of financial statements
- Monthly, quarterly, or annual compilations of financial statements
- Agreed-upon procedures to address specific financial objectives
- Form 990 and related state informational returns
- State property tax exemptions and minimization
- Public support projections and forecasts
- Unrelated business income tax strategies
- Graphical trend analysis and peer comparisons
- Information concerning best practices in our client base
- Recommendations on internal controls and suggestions for improvements
- Additional benefits and offerings
- Email newsletter for timely and relevant updates about emerging issues in your industry
- Bookkeeping and reconciliation services
- Development of profit plans and budgets to address sustainability issues
- Consulting on new accounting standards and their impact on your organization
- Employee benefit plan development and administration
- Cyber risk assessments and internal control consulting
- Tim Johnson
Alpha Chi Omega Fraternity Inc.
Cryptocurrency is a virtual currency, which is a decentralized system based on blockchain technology. There are thousands of cryptocurrencies, which offer a digital medium of exchange for instantaneous purchasing and sales transactions, the most famous being Bitcoin. Bitcoin was the first established cryptocurrency, which had its 10-year anniversary in 2018. The cryptocurrency industry has come […]
A hot topic of many conversations recently has been cyber security. Are not-for-profit organizations at risk? If so, what should be done to address the risks? Not-for-profit organizations handle sensitive data every day, which make them a prime target for an attacker. Reputation is everything to a not-for-profit organization, and a data breach or other […]
One of the biggest questions arising from the passing of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) involves the add-back of disallowed fringe benefit deductions to an exempt organization’s unrelated business income (UBI) – in particular, parking expenses paid or incurred by the exempt organization for its employees. The IRS has recently released Notice 2018-99 […]