Physician Practice Management
With the mission to provide quality education, training, management, and consulting services that will enable practices to improve their performance, we offer a wide variety of services to physicians and their practices and have done so for more than 50 years.
From large single and multi-specialty practice groups to hospital-employed physicians, we have helped hundreds of physicians make better business decisions. With services that are tailored to meet the needs of your practice, we look at every aspect of your business for ways to improve your operations.5
Who we serve.
We have provided start-up and ongoing management services for a variety of clients including free-standing independent physician groups, Primary Care Centers, Urgent Treatment Centers, Rural Health Centers, for-profit and not-for-profit single and multi-specialty groups ranging from one to 50 providers, and more.
- Compensation system design and monitoring
- Operational oversight
- Assessing the impact of adding ancillary service lines
- CFO services
- Business valuation
- Monthly or quarterly compiled financial statements
- Assistance with client prepared statements
- Audited and reviewed financial statements where appropriate
- Integrated web-based accounting solutions offered through Blue & Co. affiliate partner, Aliign
- Planning throughout the year to minimize both taxes and surprises – and maximize tax advantages
- Return tax preparation for a practice, related entities, real estate, partnerships, and individuals
- Cost segregation for new or existing buildings
Fair Market Value Compensation
- Physician compensation
- Hospital employment
- Medical directorships
- On-call arrangements
- Pay for performance
- Work-RVU methodologies
- Income guarantees
Hospital Physician Integration
- Integration strategies
- Joint ventures
- Restructuring hospital/physician agreements
- Feasibility analysis and analytics
Retirement Plan Services
- Design plans and future changes tailored to fit the objectives of the practice
- Ongoing administration and tax services
In 2019 patient medical debt in the U.S. totaled at least $195 billion, according to an analysis by the Kaiser Family Foundation, a nonprofit organization focusing on national health issues. This is a massive figure and should be looked at as an opportunity for healthcare organizations. A survey conducted by Kaufman Hall in August 2020 […]
One of the most challenging conversations in any multi-physician practice or specialty-based hospital employed group is about how to create a fair distribution of on-call and/or inpatient hospital service coverage while balancing the duties of an outpatient practice. The COVID-19 pandemic has contributed to clinician burnout, and physicians and Advanced Practice Providers (APPs) place significant […]
“There may be no faster death of a great idea or business than a dysfunctional team”, said Daniel Newman from Principal Analyst of Futurum Research and the CEO of Broadsuite Media Group. Over the last 15 years, hospitals have acquired or employed clinicians and other ambulatory services. Unfortunately, not all employment arrangements are part of […]
Connect with our team.
To learn more about our services and areas of expertise, send us a message.