Physician Practice Management
With the mission to provide quality education, training, management, and consulting services that will enable practices to improve their performance, we offer a wide variety of services to physicians and their practices and have done so for more than 40 years.
From large single and multi-specialty practice groups to hospital-employed physicians, we have helped hundreds of physicians make better business decisions. With services that are tailored to meet the needs of your practice, we look at every aspect of your business for ways to improve your operations.
Who we serve.
We have provided start-up and ongoing management services for a variety of clients including free-standing independent physician groups, Primary Care Centers, Urgent Treatment Centers, Rural Health Centers, for-profit and not-for-profit single and multi-specialty groups ranging from one to 50 providers, and more.
- Compensation system design and monitoring
- Operational oversight
- Assessing the impact of adding ancillary service lines
- CFO services
- Business valuation
- Monthly or quarterly compiled financial statements
- Assistance with client prepared statements
- Audited and reviewed financial statements where appropriate
- Integrated web-based accounting solutions offered through Blue & Co. affiliate partner, Aliign
- Planning throughout the year to minimize both taxes and surprises – and maximize tax advantages
- Return tax preparation for a practice, related entities, real estate, partnerships, and individuals
- Cost segregation for new or existing buildings
Fair Market Value Compensation
- Physician compensation
- Hospital employment
- Medical directorships
- On-call arrangements
- Pay for performance
- Work-RVU methodologies
- Income guarantees
Hospital Physician Integration
- Integration strategies
- Joint ventures
- Restructuring hospital/physician agreements
- Feasibility analysis and analytics
Retirement Plan Services
- Design plans and future changes tailored to fit the objectives of the practice
- Ongoing administration and tax services
What if you began receiving information that described new benefits under your insurance plan that are “free to you.” For example, you receive notice that your insurance company wants you to have an annual wellness visit that focuses on health promotion and disease detection and, by the way, no co-pay. In fact, no financial obligation […]
As you may have heard, the CMS 2019 Relative Value Unit (RVU) weighting for E&M visits is proposed to effectively shift to a two-level system, with level 1 visits receiving a minimal weighting and levels 2-5 being weighted equally. CMS has stated that this change is intended to reduce the back-office burden of office visits, […]
Medicare developed the Annual Wellness Visit (AWV) benefit to provide coverage in order to ensure that beneficiaries receive the most appropriate care by the most appropriate provider at the most appropriate time. This is accomplished by coordinating patient care through one central provider – usually a primary care provider (PCP). The process works by having […]
Connect with our team.
To learn more about our services and areas of expertise, send us a message.