Join Blue & Co., Current HR, and DBL Law on November 16th from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. EST for a webinar covering the new COVID vaccine mandates and what it means for your ogranization.
President Biden’s administration recently announced its Path Out of the Pandemic action plan. The action plan calls for employers with 100 or more employees to require employees to be vaccinated or submit to weekly tests, as well as requiring vaccinations for federal employees, contractors, and hospitals receiving federal financial assistance. OSHA is required to issue vaccine/testing rules as part of an Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS). Until OSHA issues the ETS, many employers are scrambling to understand how the mandates will affect them, what employers should know if considering a surcharge, and how they might prepare for compliance.
The webinar will address the best practices for handling the mandate and surcharge issues, including:
- Who is subject to the vaccine mandate and how employees will be counted
- Recommendations on creating policies and procedures
- Best practices to develop, communicate, implement, and enforce institutional vaccine policies and procedures
- Concerns surrounding testing requirements, such as cost and timing
- Considerations for surcharges as part of a wellness program, implementation of surcharges, and potential ACA affordability issues
- Reasonable accommodations and exemptions
- HIPAA considerations
- What steps can you take to put yourself in the best position to comply with the expected ETS
The appropriate guidance around the issues addressed in this webinar are likely to change in the coming weeks. In the event the ETS is issued, or other developments arise that have an impact on this topic, adjustments will be made where possible.
To register for this webinar, click here.
Duration: 1 hr
CPE Credit: No
This webinar is free to attend.
Recording of the webinar, presentation slides, and other helpful documents will be emailed after the event.