The 2024 Grantee recertification period for Consolidated Health Centers, Federal Qualified Health Center Look-Alikes, Ryan White, Comprehensive Hemophilia Treatment Centers, Native Hawaiian, Black Lung Programs, Urban Indian, and Tribal Compact 638 will be January 29-February 26, 2024. There will be a recertification webinar held the week prior as well. A separate email will be sent out by HRSA with all the information required to access the webinar to the Authorizing official and Primary Contact of the covered entity.
- During recertification, the Authorizing Official attests to the following:
- All information listed on the 340B database is complete, accurate and correct
- The covered entity meets 340B Program eligibility requirements
- The covered entity will comply with all requirements under section 340B of the Public Health services Act; including the prohibition against duplicate discounts and diversion
- The covered entity maintains auditable records pertaining to compliance with the program
- Contract retail pharmacy arrangements are performed in accordance with OPAIS requirements
- Covered entity acknowledges its responsibility to notify OPAIS if there is any change in 340B eligibility or material breach by the covered entity
- Covered entity acknowledges that if there is a breach in the requirements pertaining to duplicate discounts or diversion; the covered entity might be liable to the manufacturer of the outpatient drug and depending on the circumstances, may be subject to removal from the 340B Program
Health clinics must complete their recertifications through the Office of Pharmacy Affairs Information System (OPAIS). The Authorizing Officials and Primary Contacts must create their own OPAIS accounts before recertifying. Covered entities that fail to create OPAIS accounts and conduct recertifications will be removed from the 340B Program.
In addition, it is the health clinic’s responsibility to ensure its 340B OPAIS record accurately reflects its 340B Program participation. The health clinic must ensure the contacts listed in the 340B database are accurate at all times to receive all recertification notifications.
If you have any questions regarding the recertification process or any other issues related to the 340B Program, please contact any of our 340B Apexus Certified Experts.
Kyle Smith, CPA, 340B ACE, Director
Jason Prokopik, Pharm.D., 340B ACE, Senior Manager
Alyssa Kramer, PharmD, 340B ACE, Manager