On May 22, CMS announced it has begun distributing billions in relief funds to skilled nursing facilities to combat COVID-19. This funding is to help nursing homes to address critical needs such as labor, scaling up their testing capacity, PPE and other expenses directly related to the pandemic.
- Each nursing home will receive $50,000 plus $2,500 per bed
- All SNF’s with six or more certified beds are eligible for this distribution
- Nursing homes must attest that they will only use provider Relief Fund payments for permissible purposes
- Providers need to take action by June 3, 2020
- Visit the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services site for CARES Act Provider Relief Fund for additional information.
If you have further questions, please contact one of our team members.