“When you start at Blue & Co., you really hit the ground running and learn in real-world settings. If you want a lot of hands-on-training, then this is the place for you. When I started, everyone made sure to stop by and introduce themselves, and, even today, they continually check to make sure that I understand the ‘why’ behind what we are doing for our clients. If you are looking for a firm that values the relationship between all levels of people in the company, Blue & Co. is also the place for you. I have easy access to senior managers and directors to ask questions, and I routinely work beside them at clients. This is important because it helps open you up to a wealth of knowledge that sets Blue & Co. apart from other firms.”
Start your journey here.
At Blue & Co., you will:
- Be encouraged and offered generous incentives to earn your CPA.
- Work one-on-one with Directors and Senior Managers.
- Get involved in your community.
- Have ongoing training and development opportunities to help reach your goals.
- Make a real impact in the lives of our clients.
- Gain exposure to a wide variety of industries.
- Have a blast along the way.
Apply classroom concepts to real-world scenarios.
As a Blue & Co. intern, you can expect to contribute to the success of our team right away. You will have a meaningful, worthwhile experience as you participate on our client service teams, working on the same tasks as new staff accountants. You will be mentored and receive timely feedback. Our interns learn and grow from the collaborative relationships they form with coworkers, our leadership teams, and client business owners.
At the end of your internship, you will have a clear picture of what a rewarding career in public accounting can be like. We are interested in your success, because your success is our success!
January – April
May – August
September – December
A place to begin—and advance—your career.
As a staff accountant at Blue & Co., you will have the chance to experience a wide variety of industries while observing the “big picture” view along with the intricate details of accounting. You will be conducting hands-on fieldwork for a variety of engagements.
- Depending on your Practice Group, your initial responsibilities may include:
- Assistance on audits and reviews
- Understanding the impact of business transactions on the financial statements and cultivating the “business advisor” perspective
- Preparation of basic financial statements
- Standard and complex tax return preparation (1040, S-Corp, Partnerships, 941, 1099)
- Tax research projects
- Assistance on Medicaid/Medicare cost report analysis for healthcare facilities
- Analysis related to mergers, acquisitions, litigation, ESOPs, and estate and succession planning
Summer Leadership Program
Get a jump on your career and experience all we have to offer. Jumpstart Summer Leadership Event is designed to give you a taste of the world of public accounting and financial consulting and help you prepare for a career full of success. As a participant, you will expand on your leadership skills through networking, fun activities, and informational presentations.
It’s a great opportunity to make connections, learn more, and launch your career in public accounting.
Current annual programs are offered in Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio.
For more information about Jumpstart Summer Leadership program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tyler Ostrom
Current Staff Accountant | Intern, Summer 2017
“During my time as a tax intern in the Bloomington office, I learned so much and even got to collaborate with individuals from the Columbus, IN and Seymour, IN offices. Best of all, I had a coach and co-workers who always made time to help me, answer my questions, and address my concerns.
This is why I truly feel that Blue & Co.’s values statement not only applies to client service, but to the treatment of employees and interns as well. I am very grateful for my time at Blue & Co.!”Elizabeth Zimnawoda
Current Staff Accountant | Intern, Spring 2017
A picture is worth a thousand words—
and we’ve got plenty to say.
Error: Connected account for the user blue_cpa does not have permission to use this feed type.
Try using the big blue button on the "Configure" tab to reconnect the account and update its permissions.